Monday, July 20, 2009

Harry Potter

I really don't like to go to the movies, but Taylor (my granddaughter) loves to go. Something about being in the theater and watching the movie on the big screen appeals to her. About once every couple of months we will walk to the neighborhood theater and catch the early show. Usually it is some Pixar cartoon because I really don't like regular movies and she will watch anything as long as she gets to go and get a large bag of popcorn.

She talked me into taking her to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was a wonderful movie. Taylor had read all the books so she knew what was coming but I was on the edge of my seat most of the movie. The special effects were awesome and gave it the fantasy edge while the sub plots kept it real. Taylor will be getting the DVD when it comes out, if for no other reason, so we can it again and again to catch all of the sub plots.

There were 3 screens running the movie and it was packed. I would have thought it would have been overrun with kids, but there were only a handful of kids. It might just be my neighberhood but it was mostly late 20 -30 year old couples. Almost as many guys as there were women.

No comments: